Africa Map

African Press Agency

African Press Agency Logo
   

 Home
 Country Profile
 Useful Links
 Contact us

Home

WHO/DR Congo/EbolaBack
[Published: Monday May 14 2018]

WHO says 19 dead, 39 infected so far in DR Congo Ebola outbreak

GENEVA, 14 May. - (ANA) - Democratic Republic of Congo reported 39 suspected, probable or confirmed cases of Ebola between April 4 and May 13, including 19 deaths, the World Health Organization said on Monday.


It said 393 people who identified as contacts of Ebola patients were being followed up. Information about the outbreak in Bikoro, Iboko and Wangata health zones in Equateur province was still limited, the WHO said in a statement.

At present the outbreak did not meet the criteria for declaring a “public health event of international concern”, which would trigger the formation of an emergency WHO committee. -(ANA) -

AB/ANA/ 14 May 2018 - - -

 


North South News website

Advertise banner

News icon Russia/US
News icon US/Racism
News icon Iran/Human Rights
News icon IS/Syria
News icon Venezuela/Unrest
News icon Yemen/Conflict
News icon Pakistan/India
News icon US/Iraq
News icon US/Hate groups
News icon US/Muslims

AFRICAN PRESS AGENCY Copyright © 2005 - 2007